EPA Employees Silenced for Exposing the Cap and Trade Sham

A pair of EPA lawyers expose the complete fraud known as the “Cap and Trade” tax. It’s really a money grab masquerading as helping the environmental. The EPA and the White House are trying to silence this opposing viewpoint.

From the article [full link]:

When Zabel and Williams released a video on the Internet expressing their concerns over the Obama administration’s plans to use a cap and trade program to fight climate change, they were told to keep it to themselves.

Laurie Williams and husband Alan Zabel worked as lawyers for the Environmental Protection Agency, EPA, in its San Francisco office for more than 20 years, and they know more about climate change than most politicians. But when the couple released a video on the Internet expressing their concerns over the Obama administration’s plans to use cap-and-trade legislation to fight climate change, they were told to keep it to themselves.

Williams and Zabel oppose cap and trade — a controversial government allowance program in which companies are issued emissions limits, or caps, which they can then trade — as a means to fight climate change.

[...]

“Cap-and-trade with offsets provides a false sense of progress and puts money in the pockets of investors,” Zabel said in the video. “We think that these restrictions might not be constitutional,” he said.

u comment i follow 30 Comments

1. Fred Haskurti
    Posted November 21, 2009 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

hey stopped over read through your site loved it and will be cming back again, you can check out my blog when you can “Fashionmadnessblog.blogspot.com”. Cheers

2. GAVER
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Lets just say I know of a company that is in serious violation & are disposing of chemicals improperly & not using proper safety precautions & putting their employees in danger? thanks.

3. Posted June 20, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

Can check out my blog, you can “Fashionmadnessblog.blogspot.com”.

4. Peg Rhodes
    Posted April 26, 2011 at 11:14 am | Permalink

Cap and Trade is simply a tax scheme and a way for major corporations to actually avoid cleaning up their mess. It’s not much different than the new health-care tax.

5. naomae
    Posted May 10, 2011 at 5:43 am | Permalink

really i like your blog. black background and highlighted fonts. great idea.

6. Posted May 18, 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

I think “Cap-and-Trade” tax system is a dead policy walking. Cap-and-trade combines a regulatory cap on greenhouse gas emissions with a market-based scheme to trade as financial instruments the “permits” to produce those emissions. However, the recent financial crisis and economic downturn only exposes its vulnerability.

7. Stephen C.
    Posted August 11, 2011 at 10:19 am | Permalink

There are so many factors that go into consideration whenever the government and any abiding agency clash. What services does the EPA actually provide? Most people don’t know. It’s good that someone is at least being vocal about the changes to our environmental policy.

8. NBRI
    Posted August 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Well,
    It seems like nowadays just about all of the social programs are money for grabs. I was watching the video “John Stossel – money whole” It is crazy what government spends money on, I’m sure those spending are not without some ones personal interest

9. Charlie
    Posted August 22, 2011 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Ithink that cap and trade is totally outdated and may at the time helped in reducing acid rain, but now our issues are much greater. Carbon offset is so open to abuse and profiteering that it should not be entertained. I especially liked your example of paying someone not to cut down their forest, when they had no intention of doing so in the first place only for the wood in demand to be sourced elsewhere.
    I think it’s not just industry that can be targeted to opt for clean energy. If congress were to pay for the installation of solar panels on all south facing roofs of domestic premises, the infrastructure is already in place to collect the enery generated, the householder could receive cheaper fuel. The cost of solar panels and installation would spiral downwards due to mass production, competition etc. Surely a long term cheap clean solution.

10. personal injury atto
    Posted August 30, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Cap and Trade is a wack policy, axe it!

11. Ed
    Posted September 4, 2011 at 3:47 am | Permalink

I don’t know if cap and trade would work or not. I think we should all not pre-judge new ideas based on our political party affiliations. It makes more sense to approach issues more like scientists. Whenever there is a new idea…test it first on a small scale. Our politicians need to be constantly testing new ideas. Then only after it has worked on a small scale, expand it…regardless of which party thought of it.

12. Phillip
    Posted November 3, 2011 at 10:46 am | Permalink

I have to agree with the previous comment. Give cap and trade a chance. Testing ideas on a small scale is a good way to experiment.

In any decision the government makes it would be good if they get the people’s opinions first.

13. Posted January 13, 2012 at 6:26 am | Permalink

14. Lester
    Posted February 14, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Do you know if they did any follow up videos on this subject of Cap and Trade?

15. Posted February 26, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

“Lets just say I know of a company that is in serious violation & are disposing of chemicals improperly & not using proper safety precautions & putting their employees in danger? thanks” – it’s funny that you said that. I think if you look at china that will be the case for every company. It’s amazing that natural and people’s lives worth nothing over there.

16. Lucien Grey
    Posted June 14, 2012 at 8:42 am | Permalink

And all along I thought that such things happened in third world countries only. This is definitely a sham to protect the corporate world. I agree with Charlie who has advocated for solar panels on all south facing roofs but all these pleas are futile. The hydrocarbon people have too much at stake to allow anyone interfering with their long range plans. And did you know some of the companies are dismantling their plants to Asian and African countries as if they exist on another planet and emissions will not affect the overall global warming

17. Ken (EEI Blog)
    Posted August 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

Technological advancements are our world’s only real hope for a future that uses more renewable energy, not Washington-based legislation.

You can have all the crazy environmental ideas you want and try to convince yourself that they are real but other than wind and solar power –both of which have extremely limited uses– something called ‘cold fusion’ is the only hope we have in the foreseeable future for safe, clean and sustainable energy… not cap & trade.

18. Posted August 21, 2012 at 6:21 am | Permalink

Your post proved helpful for me. Looking for more nice articles from you. You wrote about EPA Employees Silenced for Exposing the Cap and Trade Sham in much detail. and video also very interesting Thank you.

19. Posted September 22, 2012 at 4:50 am | Permalink

Thanks for all information you mentioned

20. Posted July 18, 2013 at 4:15 am | Permalink

I think your blog is very useful , i like it very much. I positively enjoying each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out
    new stuff you weblog post.

21. Posted August 6, 2013 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you
    knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?

Thanks a lot!

22. Posted September 1, 2013 at 3:58 am | Permalink

It’s a great one post waoooooooo.

23. Posted September 7, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

24. Posted September 11, 2013 at 8:06 am | Permalink

What’s up all, here every person is sharing such familiarity, thus it’s nice to read this blog, and I used
    to go to see this blog all the time.

25. Posted January 9, 2014 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

waschmaschinen test
    This is a great tip particularly to those new to the
    blogosphere. Short but very precise information… Many thanks for sharing this
    one. A must read post! waschmaschine test

26. Posted March 5, 2014 at 9:55 am | Permalink

this is very helpful article, thanks for sharing

27. Posted March 7, 2014 at 6:13 am | Permalink

My friend refers me to see your website as a reference for my task. Then I have got an idea, thank you so much then…

28. Posted March 8, 2014 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the greatest websites on the internet.
    I’m going to recommend this website!

29. Posted March 10, 2014 at 1:54 am | Permalink

The beautiful gardens, front and back porch provide an intimate setting for couples to unwind with each other. Enjoy a gourmet, made to order breakfasts served on china. The Stonehurst Place B and B is a short walk to a variety of shops and restaurants.

30. Posted April 1, 2014 at 2:50 am | Permalink

Very interesting to see in.

u comment i followPost a Comment

Please observe these simple rules when leaving comments. Fill out your information truthfully - that means using either your REAL name or a "handle" of some sort (like Mr. Frizzy Monkey). Don't be vulgar or idiotic. If your comment seems to be made for link value, or for advertising your business, and not to contribute to the discussion then your comment will probably be edited or deleted. If any of your info seems fake your comment will probably be deleted. I apologize in advance for any well meaning comments that meet an untimely end... but I'm sure you'll understand and forgive me.

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *